Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Still Playing Around


Yep, I'm still playing around with all the settings and formatting here. I've changed the comments settings to Allow All so folks don't need a Blogger account to comment. (Sorry about that, Bill.)

I've started a Blogspot 'Survivor: Guatemala Take 2' blog leaving links on my featured AOL one (which is still featured). This week may see the 2-Faced Baseball and my 'The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition' blogs coming to Blogspot as well. To be honest, as I get more used to it, I actually like the formatting and a lot of other things on Blogspot more than the AOL Journals product. However, as a ten year member who's usually positive about AOL, I would go back if they take the horrendous ad banners down.

I don't eat Quiznos; I've never been in their doors. I have ongoing battles with the Bank of America and treasure my Wachovia account. On principle, I just can't support any of the companies featured in those crass annoying ad banners on my AOL Journals. So, here I am.

Meanwhile, in life itself, it's shocking that Thanksgiving is coming up this Thursday! Yikes. I remember when I was a small child time moved so slow, especially as the holidays approached. Nowadays, I blink my eyes and another year is gone. The photo featured here is one I took of John's Meat Market in Scotch Plains, NJ. It's a fantastic place with some of the best and friendliest customer service I've ever seen. It is a bit costly, but the butchers take great care to make the customers happy. (Unlike AOL -- I had to get that in there!)

Oh, my knee! With the advent of chilly temperatures, my knee has been acting up some. No, it's not as bad as pre-surgery. I can tell it's a mix between the arthritis and residual operation/missing cartilage woes. I'm not in pain all the time or anything -- I just have to be careful. If I pivot, watch out! Ow! But I'll live. And, it's certainly better and more dependable than it was. Note: I will not be running any marathons. Additional Note: I never wanted to run any marathons anyway.

The bad thing about AOL J-Land spreading all about is that I have to gather the links to reconnect with all my friends. I've been a bit scarce this week, but I'll be seeking y'all out and getting my feeds going to visit your new bloghomes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home