Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Gray Day, Not Much to Say...


This is a shot I took of the early morning skies over Plainfield, NJ today. Yep, a storm is moving in -- a classic Nor'easter, albeit mostly rain. It may end as a wet snow, plus snow squalls are a possibility for Thanksgiving Day. Oh, well.

My cat is weird. Actually, both of my cats are weird. No, they're not eccentric like I am, just weird. As I type this one cat has her face in my empty sneaker pushing it about the floor. The other one tends to go into Halloween cat mode with the arched back and puffed up tail jumping across the kitchen sideways. Odd, odd cats. I should mention these aren't kittens. They're both 12 years old; they'll be 13 next June. Weird, weird cats.

Thankful stuff:
1. The on and off again elevator was working when I came home with my arms full of groceries after work today. Phew!
2. I panicked early today at the balance listed on an ATM slip I received. Apparently the printer is going and the first digit of my balance didn't print, but it is indeed there. Phew!

Gripes stuff:
1. The Aliens Upstairs decided to vacuum their hard wood floors at 9 PM this evening. Where is their Roomba? After all, that roaming about is what first made me decide they were aliens! It's a lot quieter than the actual vacuum.
2. AOL still has its ugly nasty ad banners on my AOL Journals.
3. My knee hurts today. I'm guessing it's the weather. I have to go back to the orthopedic surgeon in a few weeks for a follow up appointment. It's certainly not bad enough right now to be taken out of work again or have immediate surgery, but I'm popping Aleve on a regular basis. I still have the heavy duty pain pills, but that's a last resort. I can't take them and function at the same time.

That's all she wrote...

1 Comments:

  • At November 22, 2005 10:11 AM, Blogger Charles said…

    Our cats are weird too. One of them has a fetish for bags, while the other, likes to type on my keyboard. He also finished ripping my boxspring (Bouk started it) He seems to think of the inside of it as a home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home