Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Bits and Pieces

Gray's Papaya and 24 Hour Peep Show on 8th Avenue in Manhattan -- not far away from the sanitized Disneyized Times Square of today. Nice neon contrasts, though. Oh... and be sure to take advantage of the Recession Special at Gray's Papaya! I don't think they have a Recession Special at the Peep Show. Hmmm... perhaps a Receding Special?

Well, fine. Now I want a hot dog. NO! Not due to the Peep Show! Sheesh!

That's not actually my topic for the day. I don't really have a topic, per se. I want to touch on a few bits and pieces perhaps not entry worthy all on their own. So, here I go:

Coke Zero -- Sucky ad campaign; great product. Y'see, I was a Coke addict for years. Um, Coca Cola, that is. (We won't talk of my lost years here.) I preferred Coke over Pepsi as I found Pepsi rather sickeningly sweet and it's more calories, too. Some years back I made the switch to Diet Coke and even Diet Pepsi as once I went to the diet versions, I really couldn't tell the difference. Then they came out with Coca Cola Zero this past summer. It's the taste of regular Coca Cola with no calories! Woohoo! I am so there. That ad campaign has to go, though.

At times, I'm a Pepper. Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?

Aging Man Ears -- Not only do they get hairy, but they get bigger as men age. What's up with that? I don't think I noticed it as a child, but now that I'm remembering what folks looked like decades ago vs. today, I'm seeing these huge Dumbo ears on aging men. Not women, mind you. Old men have big ears; big enough to take flight with if only they could flap 'em.

New Jersey State Slogan Campaign -- These are the five "finalist" slogans:
New Jersey: Expect the Unexpected
New Jersey: Love at First Sight
New Jersey: Come See for Yourself
New Jersey: The Real Deal
New Jersey: The Best Kept Secret
Oh, Gawd... those are horrible. I want: New Jersey: Got a Problem Wit Dat?

Why? Why does the elevator in my apartment building tend to die every Christmas Day? Three out of the four Christmas Days I've lived here, it's malfunctioned on the holiday. Does it know it's Christmas or what? As I type this, it's working again. But it wasn't working for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Again.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home