Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Countdown to Spring!

Yep, now that it's winter as of today -- even though we've had winter weather for more than a month now -- it's time to think of spring!

Or not. ;-)

Some years back, before the knees were shot, winter was my absolute favorite time of the year. I'd head into work every Monday and Wednesday with the skis loaded atop the car and my ski gear ready to go night skiing directly from work. Every day off I'd head to a local mountain in the Catskills or the Berkshires. A few days off and I'd be up in Vermont or New Hampshire or Whiteface Mountain in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. A week off and I'd be in Colorado or Maine or Canada. Ah, those were the days.

I still love the beauty of freshly fallen snow and, believe it or not, I really don't mind the cold so much. As long as I'm moving, not stuck in a cold wind and my knees aren't giving me grief, I still love it.

That said, I'm avoiding the city as much as I can until the transit strike is over. I have to go in on Monday. With all the macho posturing between Roger Toussaint (head of the TWU) and Bloomberg/Pataki, I don't see this one ending soon. I hope the fact that the international (or is it national?) related TWU folks disagree with Toussaint's actions help to shut the strike down.

By Monday!

2 Comments:

  • At December 22, 2005 10:01 AM, Blogger Charles said…

    That is bad, so no one is willing to compromise. I hope that there is an end to this thing. I wonder if they have even made any headway. The only good thing out of this is the humor from the Dave Letterman show.

     
  • At December 22, 2005 12:17 PM, Blogger Delcano said…

    Your devotion and passion shows in your work. Enjoy the view thru your eyes.

    Spencer
    http://spencersotherplace.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home