Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

I'm Dreaming of a White Sunday Morning...

... just like the ones I used to know...

This morning's view out of my living room wall window looking towards the House of Women in Business Suits Who Drive Luxury Cars here in New Jersey --


Ignore the stacked DVDs. I didn't feel like moving them. We received about 3 or 4 inches of snow, now it's turned to some sort of nasty sleet or frozen rain.

In other news, the Aliens Who Moved In Upstairs seem to be gone for the weekend. Yay. Now, they're not as bad as the previous upstairs neighbor, but it's still more relaxing not to hear any noise from above. At least they don't fight. However, since they've become more comfortable in their alien environs, they tend to let the child run more and wear shoes on the hardwood floors more. Not as bad as the elephant walking previous tenant (who was maybe 5'2" and 100 pounds but shook my windows when she walked), but... it's nice they're away. I, for one, just never understand why couples with children move into one-bedroom apartments. At times I'm not even thrilled sharing my limited space with my two roommates -- my cats. No privacy at all, I tell you!

Of course, the weather isn't the best for my Knasty Knee. Between the lack of cartilage post-op and the arthritis, if it could scream, it would. "Move me to Arizona! I want dry heat!" Yep, that's what it's saying. And, nope. I don't want to move to Arizona. It's a gorgeous place to visit, but my heart is in the Northeast and, more specifically, the NYC area. This is where I want to be, bad knee in the winter snow and all. Well, I might actually prefer being in my own brownstone in the West Village in Manhattan, but that ain't gonna happen in view of financial realities. So, Jersey I am and Jersey I be.

In yet other news, I actually have Chanukah plans this year, a first for me. I'll be heading up to Albany for a holiday Chanukah bash at my brother's place on the 26th. His new wife is Jewish, so it's adding a new cultural thing in the midst of our rather twisted family. I hope I won't be expected to dance to traditional songs or anything. ;-)

In even other news, today (according to AOL, though I think it's a bit off) is my 10 year anniversary of my AOL account. Boo-rah. Or something. The last few years they've saddened me more than made me feel like a valued customer. That's a shame.


3 Comments:

  • At December 04, 2005 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How do I get the ability to be update w/ new entries? I'm not yet a "blogger!"
    Thanks,
    Nancy
    http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/

     
  • At December 04, 2005 7:03 PM, Blogger Jackie S. said…

    Nancy - I've added a "subscribe" thingee on the right sidebar. If all works with it like it should, an e-mail should be sent nightly with any new entries I make.

    A lot of this is new to me, so I'm still learning! :-)

     
  • At December 05, 2005 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great Picture

     

Post a Comment

<< Home