Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Weird New Jersey Part 2


"Well, I'm not uptight, not unattractive. Turn me on tonight, I'm radioactive. Radioactive. Well, its not a fight, and I'm not your captive. Turn me loose to the night - I'm radioactive, radioactive." -- The Firm

The above sheep was part of the group of four -- two goats, a sheep (lamb?) and a veal...er, calf -- I found totally unattended in a small impromptu fenced in manger sans Baby Jesus near the Scotch Plains, NJ Police Department/Town Hall. Very weird indeed. Now, I sort of understand the premise that it must be some sort of petting zoo manger thingee for the holiday. Yeah, I get that. But where are the shepards watching their flocks by night? This is New Jersey. I don't care that it was next to the police station or not. No one was near it as I took pictures. No one yelled, "Hey! What are you doing in the dark shooting the sheep?" Huh. No wonder they're radioactive. (Now I can't stop humming the song...)

And then there was the Santa by the ashtray...


What is the world coming to? Poor Santa can't even smoke indoors these days!

2 Comments:

  • At December 30, 2005 7:05 AM, Blogger Smukke said…

    ROFL laughing at the smoking Santa. As for livestock in Scotch Plains, city folk think Scotch Plains is out in the countryside anyway. :)

     
  • At December 31, 2005 11:57 AM, Blogger Charles said…

    RLMAO, that is something! Radioactive sheep, and santa stopped in the middle of NJ to take a break from the elf's just to smoke. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home