Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Transit Strike? They Better Get THAT Straightened Out!


This is a shot I took of the tree at Rockefeller Center, Manhattan. I couldn't get that silly soldier to move.

What would possess the MTA and NYC to have a transit contract which comes up for approval in the holiday season? Huh? Tonight's the deadline and right now it's still 50/50 on whether there will be a strike at midnight. Grr. Now, I don't depend on the MTA for my daily stuff -- NJ Transit isn't involved in this. I can get back and forth to work or into the city. NJ Transit trains and buses and PATH trains can get me to the city, but once I'm there I depend on subways to get around. Grr! If a strike happens, it's gonna be Gridlock City. Cars coming in below 96th Street must have four passengers, cabs will be able to charge flat fees and pick up multiple passengers. More folks will be taking their cars to work (even with the passengers) and the streets that are clogged now will be more clogged. Grr. Fix that, NYC... I got stuff to do in town and a bad knee! And that's just thinking about ME! People who work in the city, tourists... real problems! A lot of folks working in Manhattan live in surrounding boroughs and often don't own cars. NO STRIKE! I beg ya, no strike!

2 Comments:

  • At December 15, 2005 10:58 AM, Blogger Charles said…

    You know, there is one possibility! The president has the ability to prevent a strike and order people back to there jobs. If it comes to a strike, it may never happen. I hope for everyone that commutes in out of NYC there isn't one.

     
  • At December 15, 2005 3:00 PM, Blogger BlogOmar said…

    Don't even let me get started about this effing strike. And it's supposed to snow and sleet and freeze tonight.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home