Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Friday, December 16, 2005

It's Always Darkest Before the Dawn

... and the wettest, too! I love to take night shots without a flash or tripod just for the heck of it. ;-) I took these this morning at the Plainfield Train Station while awaiting the first NJ Transit train on my way to work. It was dark. It was wet. It was chilly, but a heat wave compared to the -8 (Fahrenheit) we had overnight the night before. It was perfect for night shot experimentation. If you click on them, you'll see large versions.


3 Comments:

  • At December 18, 2005 1:47 AM, Blogger Delcano said…

    I see the glow of the lights
    moisture helps the reflection
    the architecture stands out
    upon my closer inspection

    There is a mist a float
    or is that my dirty screen.
    Anyway, however you say it
    it makes a beathing scene.

    I lost my passion for photography on the way to a poem one day.
    LOL
    Enjoy your stuff. Even the Jersey bit.
    Spencer
    http://spencersotherplace.blogspot.com/

     
  • At December 18, 2005 1:50 AM, Blogger Delcano said…

    Damn, wish I could make corrections after I post. In the last line of the poetic comment the word should be "breathing". Oh hell, you're an artist you know what I'm talking about.

    Spencer

     
  • At December 18, 2005 8:48 AM, Blogger Jackie S. said…

    There is indeed a mist afloat -- We had bitterly cold temps and about 8 solid inches on snow on the ground when the temps jumped near 50 with rain, thus mist rising from the snow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home