Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

In Whose World? Not MY World!

I admit it. I'm a television junkie. I was raised on TV, sort of kind of. I grew up with the switch from black and white to color. But, that's not the topic here. Trust me, I have something else on my mind, albeit related to TV.

Commercials. Yep, you heard me. I want to know who's writing them and in whose world they live. It's certainly not my world. I can tell you right now that if I were to have a party and folks started dancing around with Dirt Devil broom thingees, making messes and performing choreographed cleaning... well, I'd have to call the cops. I'd have to. They've obviously escaped from the Hospital for the Criminally Insane. I don't want them in my apartment.

Another commercial not in my world is giving a Lexus as a Christmas gift. Who does that? I want luxury cars for the holiday in lieu of gift cards at Borders Books and Music! The only form of transportation I've ever gotten for Christmas was a bicycle. Okay, before that I got a tricycle. Who are these people giving $40,000 cars for Christmas? Am I in the wrong social circle or what?

1 Comments:

  • At December 08, 2005 8:00 PM, Blogger No said…

    I had the exact same impression when I saw that ridulous Lexus commercial. What audience were they targeting anyway? I guess it wasn't us!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home