Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

More on my mind...


I call this shot "Walking in rhythm." Or, it could be called "The Ladies of 42nd Street." No... not that kind of ladies! Sheesh! It's 42nd Street and Fifth Avenue near the New York Public Library!

Now they're saying chances are good for a new 'significant' snowstorm here. We'll see.

In other ramblings in my frazzled mind, I have an Apartment Living In Urban New Jersey story to tell...

Y'see, my rent is due on the 1st each month with a 5 day grace period before late charges are incurred. Okay, I usually pay it on the first and since the landlord started up online payments, I tend to go for that avenue. For those who mail or bring the rent to the management offices, a bill is placed under the apartment doors supposedly five days before the first. Well, I came home from work after 5 PM on the 5th of the month (day before yesterday). Lo and behold, there was one Chinese delivery menu and the way late bill. Anyone depending on it would automatically be late. There was a scribbled "if you've already paid, disregard" note on mine. Of course I already paid. Sheesh.

The envelope felt fatter than the usual one sheet, so I refused to disregard and I opened it. Huh. Inside there was a paper saying they're considering installing DSL television service for the building and asking me to respond whether I'm interested or not. Hmm... if it's cheaper than my Comcast cable, in a minute I'm there! I thought, "Wow, my building is catching up with the times!"

Then I went to my kitchen to wash the dishes I left from the morning. (Hey, I live alone; I can leave dirty dishes in the sink if I want to!)

There was no water. Apparently they're doing something repairwise to the building which is making them turn off the water and/or heat for various periods ranging from 1/2 hour to more than a few hours daily all this week.

How do I expect them to come through with dependable DSL service when I can't depend on running water near the dinner hour?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home