Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Self-Proclaimed Snow Day Off


<----- This was the view of the Jersey 'hood from my apartment windows just about the time I was due to be at work. My windows are indeed clean -- that's snowflakes the size of Tokyo coming down.

I can't help it the sun is shining out there now.

We got about six inches of snow, my knee was really being uppity -- aching and clunking when I walk. So, I took the day off. I'm sure they weren't too happy with me. But, then again, I wasn't too happy that they scheduled me on the day I have physical therapy early the next two weeks after I asked them not to do so. I made the appointments for what's my regular day off. They agreed I would be off. Then they scheduled me this week and next for that day. I have two personal days I wasn't going to use as I was off so long on disability. But, gee... I'm using one today. What comes around goes around. Plus, my knee is literally being a pain. Even though the sun is out now, it's cold and snow is all over the place. I'm staying inside and warm.

I have foodstuffs aplenty, too! I stopped at both Trader Joe's and Stop & Shop in Westfield last night after work. Stop & Shop had some good deals on nice little steaks if you had their card, which I do indeed have. I bought my staple stuff there and went more for the goodies at Trader Joe's. Mmmm... Trader Joe's goodies. Ah, blessed snowstorm!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home