Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

100 Things About Me

Well, I've never done one of these in any of my blogs, past or present. So I thought I'd give it a try. Heck, I may learn something about myself.

1. I don't type right. I don't look at the keyboard, but I don't use all my fingers.
2. I am woman. (Hear me roar.)
3. I was born in upstate NY (Troy), but have lived in two additional states.
4. I currently live in NJ.
5. Work transferred me here in 1994.
6. I joke about it, but I actually like living here.
7. I'm close enough to the city to go into Manhattan after work.
8. I lived in southern CA for two childhood years.
9. I'm very nearsighted, but my eyeglasses aren't thick. (Phew!)
10. I have two cats.
11. I live in a quasi-large apartment building.
12. I started college when I was 16 years old.
13. I was in 'Who's Who in American High Schools' -- but to this day feel it's a scam to sell the book.
14. I consider myself a lazy intellectual.
15. I lived in CT for a year as a child.
16. I lived in CT for about 15 years as an adult.
17. I was transferred to CT by my workplace. (Seeing a pattern here.)
18. When I was a child I mistakenly thought I could sing.
19. When I was 9 years old I got my first typewriter -- a portable Royal manual one.
20. I thought I'd write the Great American Novel.
21. But I was wrong.
22. I'm older now than my parents ever lived to be.
23. Offline, I'm a loner.
24. If I were male, neighbors would think I was a mysterious serial killer or something.
25. But since I'm female with two cats, they probably think eccentric spinster.
26. I smoke cigarettes.
27. I used to smoke other substances, but that was decades ago.
28. I think I like every Alfred Hitchcock movie ever made.
29. I have an autographed Edward Gorey poster framed in my living room.
30. I think the new neighbors upstairs are aliens due to odd humming noises.
31. I have three brothers, no sisters.
32. I was a tomboy as a child.
33. In my teens I used to rollerskate nearly 40 hours a week when time would allow.
34. I learned to waterski when I was 9 years old.
35. When I was 10 I wanted to be a professional waterskier in Coral Gables, FL.
36. I've never been to Coral Gables, FL.
37. As an adult, I got into snow skiing.
38. I have trophies from ski racing.
39. I still have all my ski equipment.
40. I no longer ski due to bad, evil knees.
41. I was an outcast in school, but had my own little group of good friends.
42. I've worked for the same company since 1977 with a five year break in the 80s.
43. They feel I'm too young to retire.
44. My knees don't feel too young to retire.
45. I have a PlayStation and still can't finish Crash Bandicoot.
46. I'm a reading fanatic.
47. Since I first went online in the early 90s, I read fewer books than pre-Internet.
48. I like all kinds of animals.
49. But I don't want to own an elephant.
50. Is how old I turned in 2005. Ack.
51. I have red hair.
52. White is sneaking in, but no grey at all.
53. I've had two surgeries on one knee, one on the other.
54. I never had my tonsils or appendix removed.
55. I've had a large annoying mole on the back of my neck all my life.
56. Maybe someday I'll have it removed.
57. I like some of the reality TV genre, but not the "dating" shows.
58. I was mesmerized by the TV show 'The Fugitive' when I was a small child (original series).
59. I also liked 'The Lone Ranger' and 'Leave it to Beaver.'
60. I was a felony suspect for a while at my workplace a few years back.
61. But I was innocent.
62. I took a lie detector test given by the NJ State Police in the case.
63. It was an interesting experience.
64. The actual embezzler fled instead of taking the lie detector test.
65. All my life I've told myself stories in my head to fall asleep.
66. I guess they're boring stories, huh?
67. I like taking leisurely bubblebaths.
68. I collect cat stuff.
69. No, I'm not one of those cat hoarders. Cat stuff, not actual cats. Two are enough.
70. Stephen King is my favorite author.
71. I've met him (above) and have a signed book and pictures of us to prove it.
72. I've studied the classics in literature, but King is still my favorite author.
73. I have a virtually meaningless degree in English.
74. I should have studied computer science.
75. I love beng alone.
76. I'm scared of being alone if I ever make it to "elderly."
77. I like all kinds of music, but gangsta rap not so much.
78. I love living where there are four actual seasons.
79. I love my digital camera and have it with me everywhere I go.
80. I'm a neat and orderly freak at work, but not at home.
81. I still use dial up on my computer.
82. I like saying hello to my neighbors in the elevator, laundry room or hallways, but don't want them dropping by to visit.
83. Cellphone use everywhere annoys me.
84. People trust me, even strangers. Example - In NYC Port Authority earlier this week, while waiting in the queue at the gate for my bus, a woman asked me if I would watch her luggage and place in line while she went to the restroom. She was gone almost ten minutes. I coulda made it to the Cleveland bus with her stuff by then. But I didn't.
85. I went through some wayward years, but managed to stay out of trouble.
86. I like to cook.
87. But I'm a fussy eater.
88. I average less than six hours of sleep a night.
89. I'm a night owl at heart.
90. I'm usually up before 5:30 AM for work.
91. I prefer Letterman over Leno.
92. I like to think outside the box. Perhaps I should be segregated from the general public so I can think better.
93. I've been a naturally good speller all my life. Well, at least since the time I started to read and write.
94. When I was in third grade, my reading level was that of a high school senior.
95. I'm not sure how smart that makes me. I think it was because I loved to read.
96. I love New York City but can't afford to live there.
97. I like to people watch -- street theater!
98. I still have some unpacked boxes in closets from my move to this apartment four years ago. I wonder what's in them.
99. I have a collection of gourmet hot chocolates. I should go have a mug.
100. Are we there yet?


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home