Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Kee-RASH -or- If a Tree Falls on Jackie, Does Anyone Hear It?

My Apartment Building This Morning

I heard the crash last night as the ice and snow were coming down and the wind was howling. The power blinked, but came back on. Of course, it blinked long enough to knock out the entry I was writing for my TV blog. Grr. This is the half-dead huge pine (of some sort) tree from the House of the Women Who Wear Business Suits and Drive Luxury Cars next door. I said a few years ago when the landlord was having iffy trees on our property taken down -- that tree was going to fall eventually. Last night was eventually. If not for the huge strong pine (of some sort) tree in the front of our building, it would have crashed into the building itself. As it is, it's really damaged the good tree ripping huge limbs down, so that one may have to go, too.

That is, when they decide to do something about it. All they've done so far is block off that entrance of the parking lot and put caution tape up.

I'm glad I live in the back wing of the building. :-)


4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home