Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Only in Weird New Jersey - The Mad Monster Mobile

Things like this make it all worthwhile to carry a digital camera wherever you go...

Now, mind you, I have absolutely no clue what the Mad Monster Mobile was doing parked at the Westfield (NJ) Train Station. I saw no monsters wandering about other than the usual Manhattan commuters. They can be scary, but...!



Walking to one side gave me a clue. Ah, Zacherley -- the "Cool Ghoul" from WABC-TV (Channel 7 out of NYC) and later out of WPIX, Channel 11 (Secaucus/NYC) in the 60s and through at least some of the 70s. I remember him from about the mid-sixties or perhaps even earlier. Looking at the website, he started out in the Philly area. What's even more amazing is that he's alive and doing appearances (perhaps why the Mad Monster Mobile was parked at the train station). Why am I surprised? I'm surprised because he was born in 1918! Perhaps he's something other than human? Could it be?

The other side of the Mad Monster Mobile -- gotta love the Creature from the Black Lagoon! --


Of course, he could be living in the Mad Monster Mobile judging by the pile up of junk on the dashboard. It looks like 87 year old man stuff!

Only in New Jersey would people look at me taking pictures of the van and not notice the van itself.

3 Comments:

  • At January 08, 2006 6:57 AM, Blogger No said…

    Okay, I'm moving today! Only in New Jersey!

     
  • At January 11, 2006 11:52 AM, Blogger Charles said…

    We don't have a mad monster mobile, but we do have a pumpkin house, just down the street from us. It's not really shaped like a pumpkin, but there is a little bit of a story behind it. I think I will get a picture of it and post it in my journal. Thanx for the inspiration.

     
  • At March 12, 2012 10:37 AM, Blogger jclem13 said…

    I saw this on the NJ TPK yesterday. Was trying desperately to take pics of it through my car window, while i was driving. awesome that someone else has these pics posted :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home