Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday Morning Snippets


<--- New Jersey Transit, this stop - Suspicious Acts, NJ.

Hmmm... didn't Elvis sing a song about that? Oh. Suspicious minds. Never mind. ;-)

It's Sunday morning. I know I've been lackluster... okay, absent... from the blog the past few days. I have a cold and my knee has been acting up. Thus, I've been grouchy.

But, here I am. I haven't worked into my full state of grouchiness and the knee is doing okay this morning. I have noticed a few things I wanted to write about the past few days, so here are some snippets o' stuff --

I saw that, in Turkey, three young siblings died of the bird flu. I understand cultural differences and all, but I'm floored by how they caught it. They played with the heads of slaughtered chickens like balls for several days! Huh? What's up with that, I ask? That creeps me out on many levels. It's macabre, for one thing. And, even before bird flu, it just seems germ-ridden and unhealthy. Why didn't they just toss rocks? Perhaps they didn't have toys, but playing with dead chickens' heads just seems so, so wrong. Plus, the chickens were slaughtered because they were ill. So, they were playing with sick dead chicken heads. It just doesn't make sense at all to me.

Lou Rawls died. I had to explain to someone at work who he was. I feel old.

While walking on the block I saw the James Whitmore Bushy Eyebrows Man and he bellowed out a hearty hello. He has the old man eyebrows, not the young Whitmore.

Barry Cowsill's body was identified. Sigh. He apparently was a Katrina victim, but reading about him, it appears he was a victim of himself first and foremost. Drugs. I had a crush on him back when Indian Lake was the scene you should make...

I realized that Kenny the street drug user/dealer on the next block who knows better than to ask me for a cigarette has been gone since my return to work in October. I'd guess locked up. Good. He was annoying -- a hustling cokehead.

Why does my cat think I should pet him every time I glance his way?

One good thing about vacation being over is that I'm getting up early enough to catch the WCBS 2 Crew (NYC) in the morning. The show runs from 5 to 7 AM and I usually have it on until I leave before 6:30. Ah, great -- looking to link their website, I found they have a blog going. Cool. Dave Price is the zany, sometimes going too far, annoying little brother type that many of us know. But he's a hoot on Dance Friday. I like the snarkiness of Jim Ryan going up against him. Shon Gables and Vanessa Alfano are fun, as well. Is there real unrequited love between Vanessa and Dave? Oh... and I have a bit of a crush on Mario Bosquez. If he shows up on other newscasts filling in, I smile. Brett Larsen is a cool gadget geek, too. If you're in the area and not in the mood for straightlaced serious stuff... check 'em out. Anything that can make me smile at that hour has to be a good thing. Oh. And they do report the news, too.

There. Those are my Snippets. :-)

"But I knew (I knew, I knew, I knew, I knew) she had made me happy (happy, happy).Flowers in her hair, flowers everywhere. I love the flower girl." - The Cowsills from 'The Rain, the Park and Other Things'

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home