Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pointless Ponderings and Pointed Points

Watching the rats on the subway tracks (NYC)


All, right. Some things have been on my mind, so this entry will be about them. Some are indeed just ponderings, perhaps with no point at all. And the others are outright points, mayhaps a bit rant-like. (As opposed to a bit ratlike.)

Why do geese fly in basically organized patterns and other birds don't? Why must they constantly honk as they fly? Why aren't geese migrating south like they did years ago? Are there geese in London or Seattle? Are they always flying circles lost in the fog and honking?

Then there's birds. Is there a hierarchy for position when birds are gathered on power wires? What are they talking about? Are they planning to overthrow the world?

Why doesn't NJ have a bottle/can deposit program? It would give children and folks who need it some spare change and people may stop throwing their bottles and cans all over the state.

Why must I always live under people who drop stuff a lot? I don't drop stuff daily. Am I out of the loop? Should I drop more things on my hardwood floors in the wee hours of the morning? For that matter, am I the only person in the world who wears soft soled shoes and takes them off immediately upon entering my apartment?

Why has one of my cats taken to dragging his waterbowl across the kitchen, thus slopping out most of the water? Then he sits there meowing and looking at his water bowl until I fill it. Should I just invest in a fresh water fountain for his desire for fresh water on demand?

Where do shopping center seagulls sleep?

Why are some roads/bridges abbreviated into acronyms or nicknames and others aren't? For example, no one says the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway -- it's the BQE. Yet the Van Wyck isn't the VW. The George Washington Bridge is often referred to as either the George or the GWB. You don't hear the Verrazano Bridge being called the V. The 59th Street Bridge, actually named the Queensborough Bridge, should be named the 'Feelin' Groovy' Bridge. Bah-da-da-da-da, feelin' groovy.

That's about it for now. I'll be watching some TV and blogging about the 'Americal Idol' and 'Love Monkey' premieres, as well at taping 'Law and Order: SVU' tonight. Ah, tomorrow's my day off from work. Good.

2 Comments:

  • At January 18, 2006 6:55 AM, Blogger No said…

    Thanks once again for the subway picture! I love the oddities as well. This post reminds me of a Jerry Seinfeld show! By the way, do you have any pictures of the places on that show? Would be fun to look at!

     
  • At January 18, 2006 9:47 AM, Blogger Charles said…

    Trust me, as a clerk at a service desk that handles customers returning bottles for deposits...It Sucks. Half of the time when customers bring in the bottles, they are either:

    A. Dirty
    B. Smelly
    C. Broken

    All three of these are bad, but I really don't like cutting myself on someones elses bottles. Plus I have to hold my anger in, especially when they try to apologize for bringing in a broken bottle in the first place.

    I wonder where the seagulls be going to sleep at to. I'm thinking at the top of the roof. During one winter, I once saw a bunch of seagulls sitting in the middle of my former High Schools track and field. They were all bunched together as if they were trying to keep each other warm.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home