Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Sunrise, Sunset

Sunrise, Sunset... at the Plainfield, NJ Train Station today.

Alas, I almost had the day off. I was on the verge of a day off from work... almost there! I got up this morning and was ready to leave for the train station when I heard on the CBS morning news that the trains were all delayed on my line. Neither the news nor the NJ Transit website said how delayed. So, I ambled to the train station arriving right at the time the train should be there instead of my usual 5-10 minutes earlier. Sure enough, an announcement was finally made saying all trains were suspended indefinitely.
Ah, good! I had to wait for my boss to arrive at work and then called to tell him I was going to go eat breakfast and would check back to let him know.
Then it happened.
I heard a train, so I went back to the platform to peek. It stopped. It was heading to go to "the yard" -- a sort of parking lot for trains.
They took me to work.
I was on time.
Sigh.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home