Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Monday, December 25, 2006

So, This is Christmas...

Contrasts

A homeless man sleeps by one of the lions at the NYC Public Library.

I may have posted this photo before - I took it a few years back. However, I've been in one of those reflective moods today. The holidays are a bittersweet time for me as the last time my family was intact and had a "normal" holiday was over 30 years ago. Yes, I have good memories, but I can't help but wonder what it would be like to know my parents on an adult level. My brothers and I are spread throughout the country and spend the holidays apart for the most part. When we do get together, we realize how little time we've actually spent together in the larger scheme of life. I have one brother I haven't seen in about 30 years. No, we're not estranged, per se. We lost touch for a few decades, then talked on the phone and corresponded a bit, then he dropped out again.

Ah, well... So, this is Christmas...

"They said there'll be snow for Christmas, they said there'll be peace on Earth, but it just kept on raining, a veil of tears for the Virgin Birth..." - ELP

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home