Not Weird, I'm Eccentric - A Jackie Blog

I'm not weird. No, really. I'm just eccentric. All photos on this blog are ©2005 JackieS and are not to be used without permission.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Can I Rest Now, Please?

"So, you watched the movie, right?"
"The Alfred Hitchcock one?"
"Yeah! So, you in?"
"Sure! Just wait until the next human comes along!"
"Maybe we can get the grackles to help us. It's too bad a lot of the geese flew south or we could have real fun with this!"

Is this a new plot on the part of the gulls to take over the world? Or, have they been here before?



Have you ever had one of those days that you seem to run behind all day? Well, this was one for me. Instead of hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock, I turned it off. I woke up in time to throw clothes on and all but run to catch the train. And, it seems like it's just now that I'm catching up.

Work was hectic and frenzied (partly due to a hectic and frenzied boss). I run the accounting office at my workplace -- amongst other things, but that's my main focus. Last week on the day I took off my replacement made an error which snowballed and landed in my lap today. Argh. I worked through my lunch, then left in time to run to the train to go home.

Then I got home and signed on AOL. What...? I have 124 e-mails under my ETV Jackie name? What the heck? I look -- they're mostly from my 'Survivor: Guatemala' AOL Journal where all I had done was post short updates on last night's finale. I thought spam, but no. I looked at the comments -- some were telling me I shouldn't have won. Well, no... I wasn't on the show, so I shouldn't have won. AND I DIDN'T WIN! Sheesh! I saw a person I know who works for AOL TV Channel online and asked her if the journal was linked anywhere unusual (it's always on the 'Survivor' TV page and often on the page at Keyword: TV TALK). Okay, it was linked to the main Welcome Screen of AOL all morning. That'll do it. It picked up over 5,000 hits from 7 AM to 4:00 PM ET.

So, I poked through all the comments making sure none were TOSable, removed a few for using a slur towards homosexuals and then had to get writing my actual review/recap I've been posting weekly on my Blogspot 'Survivor' blog (since banner ads). Well, now tonight BOTH blogs have the recap because I posted to the wrong blog without thinking.

After recapping the three hour show, I finally started my dinner. I ate at 9:30! Ack.

I think I may be having a panic attack due to rushing at a furious rate all day.

I can't breathe.

Ack.

Ack.

Hmmm... maybe it's a hairball? :::looking suspiciously at my two cats:::

Need sleep. Need sleep.

Ack.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home